Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can anyone recommend an epilepsy specialist consultant please?

(6 Posts)
Swifey Wed 07-Jan-15 15:57:14

In London, or the south preferably? My cousin has just had 2 seizures in 3 weeks after being seizure free for 4 1/2 years. We are happy to go privately, we just want the best please, any help gratefully received. Tia.

redpickle Wed 07-Jan-15 16:11:41

DH saw Dr William Gibb at Spire Portsmouth. He's been excellent. Generally we found better to have a private consultation then they can follow up on NHS.

So sorry about you're cousin. Bloody condition - I hate it.

Good luck x

Swifey Wed 07-Jan-15 16:57:46

Thank you so much for your reply! Can I ask what type of epilepsy your husband has? X

ThisWillSoOutMe Wed 07-Jan-15 17:00:44

Not South, Midlands I'm afraid, but Tim Betts at QEPH was brilliant.

redpickle Wed 07-Jan-15 18:06:48

He has frontal lobe, grand Mal seizures. Controlled by drugs for past 2.5 years (touches wood). Used to get very bad post seizure state that lasted about half and hour, which is the hardest part.

Swifey Wed 07-Jan-15 19:40:56

Thanks for the info gals! Someone else has mentioned mattius kioppe? At ucl? Has anyone had anything to do with him?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now