Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I think my copper coil broke, and I have my docs appointment tomorrow, I am really nervous

(2 Posts)
askyfullofstars Wed 07-Jan-15 15:39:24

I had a coil fitted a little over a year ago. It has been ok, periods heavier and more painful, but I was expecting that.
This last period seems to have lasted ages though (usually five days, this went on for almost 10)Last Saturday, during my period I went to the loo and when I wiped there was a small piece of plastic.
I panicked, but as I havent had any other bad symptoms Though I do keep getting sharp pains in my lower abdomen, and I cannot feel my strings I thought I would play it by ear (keep an eye for any unusual symptoms) and call the family planning clinic on Monday.
I called them and told them everything and they made me an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow. I know that other than the stabbing pains I havent really had any symptoms to worry about, but, I cant help but feel so nervous about my appointment tomorrow. The bit that came out looked like the plastic bit thats kind of in the middle of the "T" bit at the top, so if it is, that would mean 2 bits of metal/plastic just floating around inside.
How will they find it? What if I have to have surgery to have it removed?
I suffer with anxiety which isnt helping, but I just feel really nervous about the whole thing.

AskYourOperator Wed 07-Jan-15 16:12:32

I lost my strings on my mirena coil. I did have to have surgery to remove it under GA, but it was absolutely fine and they fitted a new one once they'd fished out the old one.

Try not to worry and make sure you're not having unprotected sex!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now