Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Continuous painful left armpit!

(4 Posts)
Kab13 Wed 07-Jan-15 14:27:55

I need to go to the doctors but I've just moved and need to register at the new surgery.
But for months now I've had a rather painful armpit, there's nothing visible or lumpy but just putting my arm down by my side hurts. Sometimes it sort of aches all the way down the side of my left breast but again no lumps. Could it be just swollen glands or that be on both sides?
Someone tell me I'm being over the top to worry?

mawinter Wed 07-Jan-15 18:40:55

Sounds like swollen glands or pulled muscles. Did you have any cough prior to this?

Kab13 Wed 07-Jan-15 20:22:20

No, not that I can think of. It's just in my left armpit. I do have hypothyroidism but I don't think that could be it

mawinter Wed 07-Jan-15 22:10:39

I would in all honesty since you cannot think of a trigger to have caused it to visit your GP. It could be the gland needs to be drained and biopsied to make sure nothing serious is going on just to be safe. However do not freak out just yet by what I say because painful glands usually mean nothing. It is probably something leftover from a previous infection in your body and the gland could not reduce back in size on its own.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now