Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Weirdest period ever - still bleeding after 2 weeks. Why??

(8 Posts)
ma76 Tue 06-Jan-15 21:22:35

I have always had regular periods without any problems. This month, it has been very unusual. I am still bleeding (not heavily but enough to wear a sanitary towel rather than a liner). After day 5, bleeding tailed off and I had brownish discharge as at the end of a period. But, it has turned to red blood again and I have had cramping, mild pain down my thighs and lower backache. Any ideas?

grimbletart Tue 06-Jan-15 23:55:25

How old are you ma. Are you perimenopausal?

sh77 Wed 07-Jan-15 08:18:06

37 and a half. Still having cramps. I never cramp during a normal period.

sh77 Wed 07-Jan-15 08:18:43

Namechanged.

Thumbwitch Wed 07-Jan-15 08:20:46

I'd go to your GP, tbh. Could be nothing, but you should get it checked out.

violetwellies Wed 07-Jan-15 08:21:58

I was mid forties when I had similar, Dr thought miscarriage (I had never been pregnant before)
I now have a 3 year old DS. Get thee to a GP.

GlitzAndGigglesx Wed 07-Jan-15 08:23:30

I bled for 25 days when I was 15. Left it ages to go to the GP out of fear. When I did I was put on a contraceptive pill and it stopped the bleeding within 24 hours. Defo worth going

ConfusedInBath Wed 07-Jan-15 08:25:58

I've had a similar month OP. I went to see GP who did internal and noticed what she thinks is an erosion. Have colposcopy this Tuesday. I'd go and to you GP just to check it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now