Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Red rash on face....what is it?

(3 Posts)
Millionairerow Mon 05-Jan-15 21:59:13

I've had a red rash for a no of months. My DH mentioned it first as he said my face is usually always so clear. It is mainly red on forehead, nose, chin and then round the edges of my face, a bit on my neck. Sometimes it's a bit dry but I keep it well moisturised. I never used to wear make up but now I use a foundation. Any ideas. I'm 43 and reckon I'm menopausal and I also have ulcerative colitis though this is quiet right now. Any ideas?

Binnie0309 Tue 06-Jan-15 09:24:05

Could it be a reaction to your foundation? I get a similar rash due to the various perfumes in some make up. If not then maybe book a drs appt? The pharmacist won't give you hydrocortisone for the face but the gp will prescribe it if they think you need it.
Hope you find some relief!

Millionairerow Tue 06-Jan-15 23:00:39

Thx for reply. I meant to say I have had to wear foundation as self conscious of rash as never had to before so I don't think I'm allergic to the foundation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now