Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Well woman screening thingme's

(5 Posts)
Dumdidum Mon 05-Jan-15 13:07:45

Hiya

Just wondering if anyone has been to one of these? And what they thought? I am seriously scared of the dr/nurse/anyone medical (although have no issues with vaccinations or giving blood) so haven't been for a VERY long time - about 20 years and I am only 28.

I am thinking about going for one as if I pay for it, it will MAKE me go. And I get the feeling they have a little more time to calm me down.

Any input much appreciated :-)

expatinscotland Mon 05-Jan-15 13:10:02

What is involved? I don't see HCP's unless there is something wrong with me, bar smear tests every few years.

Dumdidum Tue 06-Jan-15 16:23:14

From what i gather its a smear test and a physical exam.

I've so far bottled it every time i go to book a smear (please please dont think I dont want to get this done, i just literally cant bring myself to, i know it's important and life saving).

So thinking paying would force me to go and no harm in a check up at the sane time

iwantgin Wed 07-Jan-15 08:30:38

Probably just a smear and weight/blood pressure checks I would think.

For those who are over 45 some GPs have introduced check ups-weight, blood pressure, cholesterol etc. I know, as have had the 'invitation'. ;)

However, at your age i think it will be more just the women's health side of things.

i am also due for a smear, and am dilly dallying. Have had loads and they really aren't that bad. It's more the thought of going. Like the dentists!

You don't need to pay - save your money and treat yourself to something nice afterwards instead.

Good luck.

PinkSparklyJumboStocking Wed 07-Jan-15 10:14:44

My GP has introduced this when you get to 40! I'll be declining the invitation when I receive it as I know it'll involve needles...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now