Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Vomiting after period - anyone ever experienced this?

(7 Posts)
DizzyNorthernBird Mon 05-Jan-15 10:09:19

So I'm 35, haven't used any bc for years. Periods used to be rather irregular but by tracking them I've established a pattern of approx 34/35 day cycles, first day medium flow with cramps then light flow from days 2 to 5. This is different to what I experienced when I was younger and on bc but as it's consistent I consider this to be normal for my body. My partner and I began ttc in December but we were 'careless'' for a couple of months before this.

After AF in October, I randomly vomited on the last day. Assumed I'd picked up a tummy bug as I'd come back from holiday the day before. However, after AF in November I suffered bad nausea and headache/shaking on the last day and this month (yesterday) on last day of AF i again experienced the vomiting for a few hours in the evening. No headache but similar feeling to being badly hungover.

Anyone else experience this? I've read about menstrual migraines due to drop of oestrogen before AF but there doesn't seem to be anything mentioned about it happening afterwards. I'm not sure whether this is just something new but normal which I'll need to now expect each month, or whether something is going on and I should see my gp?

Thanks.

Kittykat7 Mon 05-Jan-15 14:08:19

I experience a migraine on day one of my period & also another on day 4-5. See you Dr as you could take Maxalon or Motilium to help with the nausea && vomiting. It sounds miserable & definitely hormone related.

DizzyNorthernBird Mon 05-Jan-15 17:31:07

Thanks for the reply kittykat. Do you experience vomiting with yours? It's really weird as I was fine all day yesterday then there was literally just this few hours in the evening. Didn't eat again afterwards but did manage to keep a cup of tea down before bed.

Used to have migraines years ago but never vomited before so wasn't sure whether this is something I should be concerned about, what with ttc.

CaulkheadUpNorth Mon 05-Jan-15 17:32:50

I have vomiting with mine every 5-6 months.

Kittykat7 Tue 06-Jan-15 01:46:56

I don't have vomiting but only nausea with the migraine. I take Maxalon or Motilium & that helps. Magnesium is supposed to help with PMS migraines. I'd see your Dr to maybe have some hormone testing. I think I read in here someone took vit B complex high dose that helped with migraines & too them before getting pregnant.

Millionairerow Tue 06-Jan-15 19:10:41

i have felt like it more laterally - starting to wonder if I have fibroids or cyst or something. you should maybe chat to gp

DizzyNorthernBird Tue 06-Jan-15 23:28:31

Thanks everyone, I'll make an appointment. I would like some reassurance that all is ok & if not I can do something about it! Even if I just need something to settle the nausea. Wish me luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now