Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tennis Elbow - whats the best thing to reduce pain and inflamation?

(5 Posts)
Ruggles Sun 04-Jan-15 21:17:26

Have had tennis elbow in right arm since the summer. Have been doing private physio and resting it lots, but still sore and tender. Am going to make an appointment to see GP, but receiving conflicting advice about whether to ask for injection or to think about an op. Apart from the pain and limit on what I can do, I'd really like to remove the inflamation as have been reading lots of horrid things about inflamation. Any advice appreaciated. Thank you.

Alabamarama Sun 04-Jan-15 21:21:00

Steroid injection will sort you right out. I had months of physio, ultrasound etc, made absolutely no difference. One steroid injection and I was right as rain within a day or so. That was about 4 years ago. It's really uncomfortable getting the injection administered, but makes a huge difference.

The only thing that cured my mums was a proper tennis elbow sling and not using it at all until better.

It's hard though to not use it at all. It took time to get better.

CMOTDibbler Mon 05-Jan-15 08:15:29

I've had tennis elbow for a few years now (I don't have use of the other hand/arm, so it gets overused) and have done physio/ultrasound/anti inflammatories and 4 lots of steroid injections.
The only thing that has really worked is acupuncture (and I am so not woo), and modifying the way I do things to minimise recurrence. Big triggers for me are pulling suitcases/my work bag, dog ball flinging and anything rotational.

I had tennis elbow in both elbows due to overuse from pole fitness. I carrried on as usual and just made sure they were strapped up and within 5 months they were back to normal. It will go on it's own but obviously if you don't rest it will just take a little longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now