Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Apple cider vinegar to cure molluscium contagiosum

(13 Posts)
ReallyTired Sun 04-Jan-15 21:15:47

Anyone tried this? Dd has terrible ezcema and I am convinced that the molluscium is causing it. We have tried several steroids and loads of emollients. Am I mad to consider Apple cider vinegar?

hollyisalovelyname Sun 04-Jan-15 21:18:45

I used apple cider vinegar some years back added to hottish water and my stomach has not been right since. It's the only thing I can put it down to. Perhaps I'm wrong. I now have silent reflux (apparently) and my throat, oesophogeal area doesn't feel right.

dementedpixie Sun 04-Jan-15 21:27:22

you're not supposed to drink it!! It is applied to the skin (although I have never tried it)

heinztomatosoup Sun 04-Jan-15 21:28:50

Have you tried molludab ? It got rid of all my daughters molluscum within a week or two. Not cheap but worth it (cheaper online FYI)

CaptainMorgansMistress Sun 04-Jan-15 21:39:56

We went to a homeopath when DD1 had molluscum.

I was hugely sceptical but quite a few friends recommended it and as she was a toddler, I couldn't try many of the more painful / uncomfortable cures.

I swear it worked! One day after taking the homeopathic tablets they gave her and the spots (of varying levels of maturity) all came up inflamed and then just disappeared.

I would definitely recommend giving it a go, even if you don't believe in it. It won't hurt and in our case, it certainly worked.

Millionairerow Tue 06-Jan-15 19:13:14

just while I am here - I'm sure my dd2 has this. She has wart like bumps around anal area but now its extended to her back legs. Does this sound about right? anyway of getting rid of it?

hollyisalovelyname Tue 06-Jan-15 19:44:12

I didn't have molluscium. I just thought cider vinegar had health benefits taken with water.

ReallyTired Wed 07-Jan-15 12:41:28

I don't want to try molludab as it is diluted potassium hydroxide. (The stuff you use to clean ovens, but very diluted) Apple Cider vinegar is ethanoic acid and I think it will be milder.

The Apple cider vinegar has arrived and I will let you know if it works.

HansieLove Wed 07-Jan-15 22:21:24

I googled this and found out about Natural Molloscium, you can go to Amazon and type it in. Check the reviews. It sounds wonderfully effective to me.

AlwaysOneMissing Wed 07-Jan-15 22:24:10

I will be watching this with interest OP.
My DC has Molluscum and I too have heard that Apple Cider Vinegar is effective.
I'll look forward to hearing how you get on with it.

ReallyTired Thu 08-Jan-15 20:23:17

We havw had one night of apple cider vineger. The apple cider vinegar has made dd's ezcema worse. The spots are a lot larger than they were and one looks like as its about to burst. The draw back is that dd is finding the treatment painful. I am not sure if its her ezcema hurting her or the molluscum. Dd still wants to continue, but I am not sure if its a great idea.

dementedpixie Thu 08-Jan-15 20:37:22

It's actually a good sign if they look like they are going to pop, that means the body could be setting up a response to them and hopefully the rest will start to go like that too.

ReallyTired Fri 09-Jan-15 21:50:30

We are on the second day of cider vinegar treatment. We have had our ups and downs. I have discovered that dd is allergic to the spot plasters I bought so I have had to buy a different brand of plaster. Two spots have popped. The only problem is that cider vinegar does burn the healthy skin around the spots. I tried smearing vaseline on the healthy skin to protect it from the acid in the vinegar, but I found the plasters didn't stick. I think with the apple cider vinegar its best not to treat too many spots at once.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now