Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I have really hurt my knee, what can I do?

(6 Posts)
EdSheeransGString Sun 04-Jan-15 20:08:46

I have somehow managed to hurt my knee quite badly. I have no idea what happened but I woke up this morning and I can't bend my leg or straighten it out without a really intense pain and tightening feeling.

It's getting worse as time goes on, I am very sore and can't walk on it properly.

I'm very heavy blush so I've been trying to sit down as much as I can but it's really sore even sitting still, I just can't get comfortable.

I was going to make an appointment at the docs tomorrow but I'm not sure if i would be wasting their time if I could pick something up from the chemist to help.

The only painkillers I have in the house are ibroprofen, paracetamol and tramadol.

Would tramadol be the best bet?

I was planning on having a bath, would this help or make things worse?

I am struggling now and getting grumpy with the pain sad

AllOutOfNaiceHam Sun 04-Jan-15 20:10:27

Call 111 and ask for advice. Are you on your own?

EdSheeransGString Sun 04-Jan-15 20:12:01

I completely forgot about 111 blush blush

Yes I'm on my own with a 5 year old and an 18 month old.

I'll give them a call now

RockinD Sun 04-Jan-15 20:12:56

Ice for 10 minutes now, before you go to bed and again in the morning. Keep icing, combined with whatever pain relief works for you and keep moving if at all possible.

Not sure a doctor will do any more than provide pain relief and maybe a referral.

Mrsrochesterscat Sun 04-Jan-15 20:45:09

Are you hypermobile at all? Is it possible you may have partially or fully dislocated it rolling over in bed? I've done this a few times. I would definitely get it checked either way, surely the pain means something is wrong?

Madlizzy Sun 04-Jan-15 20:48:52

Ice, rest and elevation and a gp appointment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now