Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

ovarian cysts - recovery time after op

(7 Posts)
bobinks Sat 03-Jan-15 23:39:29

I recently has an 4cm ovarian cyst removed by keyhole surgery along with two small endometriomas. 3 weeks on and I'm still getting quite a lot of internal pain/discomfort around the ovary area. Is this typical? I was expecting to feel pretty much back to normal by now.

Shoegal0305 Sun 04-Jan-15 09:53:58

Watching with interest as I have a cyst which is being monitored. Hope you feel better soon xx

chunkythighs Mon 05-Jan-15 00:49:39

I hate to tell you but I was on constant painkillers for three months following my 8cm cyst removal. It was like the bloody thing was never removed!

bobinks Fri 16-Jan-15 23:26:36

Shoegal - things slowly improving but I reckon another week or two before I get back to normal, so 6 weeks in all. Hope your cyst clears up on its own x

OMGmetoo Fri 16-Jan-15 23:33:27

I had two cysts removed in late November and started to feel mostly-normal around Christmas - so 5-6 weeks. Most of the later stages of recovery were getting over fatigue and trying not to lift my 4 year old! (I can lift her now!)

bobinks Wed 21-Jan-15 20:51:17

OMGmetoo that makes me feel better about it. I have 4yo and finding it hard to keep up with the pace of things and slightly worried this was not typical after a 'minor' op, but sounds like I have just under-estimated recovery time. thanks x

OMGmetoo Thu 22-Jan-15 11:10:41

I think there's a big range in recovery times. I thought it would take two weeks hmm but yeah, it took a lot longer. It actually helped with 4yo's independence and willingness to walk ("no, I can't carry you. I'll just wait here and we'll both get cold." grin) so there was a silver lining.

It took a bit longer still before I felt ready to DTD but I'm there now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: