Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Fatty lumps in legs

(8 Posts)
WillWorkForMoney Sat 03-Jan-15 17:29:22

Ever since i was a teen I've had fatty lumps in both my legs theres about 3-4 in each. They generally cause me no pain, however i really want to start running/jogging. I've tried in the past but after about 10 minutes the lumps start hurting and make my legs walk at a funny angle, like a tightness? I'm wondering if anyone else has had this and had them removed, and whether it stopped the pain? Or if they came back, which is what I've read.
Thanks

lazybint Sat 03-Jan-15 19:40:07

Whereabouts in your legs are they?

FabULouse Sat 03-Jan-15 20:57:46

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

WillWorkForMoney Sat 03-Jan-15 21:53:49

They are on the outside of my legs between my knee and ankle. I went to the doctors when i was about 15 about them and doctor confirmed they were fatty lumps, but never really said if anything could be done about them. I've never mentioned them to him since as they only hurt if i walk too fast or exercise, so not been a problem until now when i want to lose a bit weight.

WillWorkForMoney Sat 03-Jan-15 21:56:53

I've taken a quick pic, you will have to excuse my hairy legs and unkempt feet though wink
You can just see one about half way down, i couldn't get the angle right to get them all in.

LoveDexter Sat 03-Jan-15 21:59:52

Are they lipomas? If so they are harmless and my husband had one but it was removed when it started getting uncomfortable.

WillWorkForMoney Sat 03-Jan-15 22:07:39

I cannot remember whether the doctor used the word lipomas, but i do think thats what they are. Did your husbands cime back? And is the scar big?

LoveDexter Sat 03-Jan-15 22:19:43

It was quite a big lipoma but the scar is fairly smalL. It hasn't grown back at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now