Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

This f**king crazy stomach flu

(5 Posts)
dorasee Sat 03-Jan-15 12:04:41

Can I get some sympathy? We've all had it and it just goes on and on...two weeks later I am doubled up in pain. My DD has been vomiting for 3 days straight. Has anyone else been struck down? I normally can rely on the old "this too shall pass...in 48 hours". But this has to be the mother of all stomach flus.

sometimesyouwin Sat 03-Jan-15 12:52:17

You have my sympathy!! Everyone in our house has had it apart from me but I've been busy dealing with the aftermath. It started when we found DS1 (4) face down in a pile of vomit on Christmas day evening. Then DH started the same night. DS2 (8mths) was sick on Monday night. We seemed to be recovering but DH was sick again last night and is resting upstairs while I look after a grumpy 4yr old and baby. I've had about as much as I can take and am dealing with it all on no sleep thanks to my 8mth old sad. The end must be in sight! Hope you're on the mend soon!

dorasee Sat 03-Jan-15 20:41:00

Oh my goodness... thank you for reaching out from the abyss! Oh poor you, poor, poor you! DD is also 4 and now our eldest (12) is in there, paying homage to the porcelain god. My mum's been visiting. She's been struck down now. It's just awful. We've all had it... apart from the youngest who is 7 months and I am just bracing myself, knowing that there seems to be no escape. I feel like I'm in some bad zombie apocalypse film. Hugs and flowers to you!!

BigPawsBrown Sun 04-Jan-15 00:04:18

I had it over the first weekend of December and still getting bloated and occasional bouts of diarrhoea. Feeling fine now but still have to run to the loo about once a week, horrid!

sometimesyouwin Sun 04-Jan-15 08:13:01

Dear God!! 8mth old DS has been sick again this morning now!! and I'm feeling decidedly dodgy sad. Please this has to stop sometime soon!! I'm not coping well! Not sure how much longer I can keep it together! I really feel for anyone else in the grips of this, it's hell!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now