Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I'm tired all the time.

(6 Posts)
Givemecake85 Sat 03-Jan-15 11:36:01

Help, I'm a 29 year old mother of two little girls and im tired all the time.
I could sleep at anytime of day. I'm not depressed and my girls don't exhaust me. I'm finding I'm too tired even to play with them or do very simple tasks. I go to bed when they go to bed and still feel like I could have a nap in the day.
What could it be?
Is it time to see the gp?
Thanks x

Chocolateteacake Sat 03-Jan-15 11:37:56

How your iron intake?

I get dozy in the winter (need to hibernate I think) and knock off the caffeine, processed sugar and try to eat more protein and vitamin c. And drink more water too.

chocnomorechoc Sat 03-Jan-15 13:05:43

Go to GP and get your blood checked. Iron count and also ferritin.

I was the samw for a good 6 months and pyt it down to having two young DC and lots of stress.turns out my ferritin is very low. I am on iron tablets now and started to feel a bit better already.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 03-Jan-15 14:35:54

Do see the GP.

A blood test should be done to also test your thyroid gland levels.

AuditAngel Sat 03-Jan-15 14:42:26

Could be B12 deficiency rather than normal anaemia, tiredness was one of my (many) symptoms.

Womble1975 Sat 03-Jan-15 14:51:26

Definitely see GP. I was just like this and turned out my ferratin was extremely low. I'm on 3 tablets of ferrous sulphate a day. GP thinks it was mismanagement by previous GP's after I had a PPH giving birth to my daughter 18 months ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now