Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So what is most likely to have 'fixed' my IBS?

(10 Posts)
KatyMac Fri 02-Jan-15 10:52:18

I've started B12 injections, Vitamin D supplements & Zinc supplements

Which is most likely to have fixed my IBS? - as I'm doing really, really well atm

RockinD Fri 02-Jan-15 13:32:20

My money would be on the B12.

BreakingDad77 Fri 02-Jan-15 13:56:47

How about your less stressed?

KatyMac Fri 02-Jan-15 15:51:51

The B12 injections are 6 weekly, so I'm not sure

Less stress would be nice but after 18 years it's unlikely.....I'm possibly more stressed than I have been in years -it's been a hard year with my Dad being diagnosed with lung cancer, mymum having bypass surgery & DDleaving home

I'd wondered about the Zinc as this is (apparently) given in 3rd world countries for chronic diahorrea (sp)

BreakingDad77 Fri 02-Jan-15 16:17:50

Have you changed your diet at all?

KatyMac Fri 02-Jan-15 18:15:48

Nope I went mainly FODMAP in sept 13 & have been struggling to reintroduce every since

Nothing foodwise has changed since then

SecretNutellaFix Fri 02-Jan-15 18:37:41

It's probably the combination of all of them.

The zinc is helping to reduce the number of incidences of Diarrhoes, which means your body is having a chance to assimilate the b12 and Vit d better.

KatyMac Fri 02-Jan-15 19:37:20

Well the B12 is an injection & the Vit D is sub-lingual so neither is being digested

But maybe it is a combination

Supersusie Fri 02-Jan-15 19:41:03

TBH I suspect it's none of them! IBS is one of those things that flares and remises. Zinc is known to support the immune system but unless IBS is auto-immune - eg undiagnosed coeliac -then that's not likely.

KatyMac Sat 03-Jan-15 13:02:42

That's really funny as we have always suspected my IBS had an unknown auto-immune factor - it alays get amazingly better when on steroids

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now