Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Piles after birth still here!!

(10 Posts)
Newfamily2014 Fri 02-Jan-15 09:02:23

I had a vaginal birth 10months ago. All went well. Afterwards, and still now, I have a bulging in the anus after I have done a poo and slightly when I bend down in the squat position. No bleeding and no pain but just would like it to go. Did anyone else have this? Please tell me it goes!!

Bigbouncingbaby Fri 02-Jan-15 09:08:15

My DS2 is now 14 months and its no better really ! I keep hoping it goes and putting off the doctors but no joy . No sure at what point I will have to. Taking laxatives every few days helps me . Its horrible sad

Newfamily2014 Fri 02-Jan-15 11:33:11

Oh goodness :-( Do you feel something there all the time or just when you poo? Or squat down?
I didn't have any problems during pregnancy but am a bit worried that things might get worse during second pregnancy.

Bigbouncingbaby Fri 02-Jan-15 11:52:19

With me it was the second I think that's more common ! Have a few friends who sailed through first and whose bottom fights back on second smile

hissingcat Sat 03-Jan-15 18:49:55

Have you tried anything for them?

Newfamily2014 Sat 03-Jan-15 19:14:27

Oh goodness bigandbouncy ! Not looking forward to it getting worse.

No hissingcat I've not tried anything as they only 'come out' on the loo and I was expecting them to have gone by now. But as they haven't perhaps I should. Have you any experience of treatment?

hissingcat Sat 03-Jan-15 21:45:26

new there are over the counter treatments which can help shrink them. If it's internal piles you're probably better using a suppository. Anusol are very good.
Do they come and go or are they there all the time?
Do you smoke?

hissingcat Sat 03-Jan-15 21:46:32

Also are you sure it's piles and not a prolapse?

Newfamily2014 Sun 04-Jan-15 15:29:19

Hi hissing yes they come and go and are only there where I go to the loo. No I don't smoke. It's from the rectum so piles.

Newfamily2014 Sun 04-Jan-15 15:30:04

Sorry I meant out of the anus (what a lovely subject!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now