Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

My stomach hurts!! what's going on??

(6 Posts)
tellmesomething Thu 01-Jan-15 11:31:16

I had an IUD fitted 3 years ago. Other than occasional spotting and heavier periods everything has been fine. Rewind a couple of months ago I had a v heavy period which lasted 10 days,then another heavy period last month which lasted 1 week. Then exactly 1 week later I got my period again shock and it lasted 5 days. My period finished on the 30th. I had sex last night and today I'm in excruciating pain and spotting hmm I already have a Gp appointment for tomorrow morning so I am trying to hold Out until then. I have a constant cramp on the lower part of my stomach which is quite painful. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

tellmesomething Thu 01-Jan-15 15:30:54

Bump. Still cramping confused

yeeehaaaa Thu 01-Jan-15 15:58:14

I have had this. my coil had moved. This also resulted on me becoming pregnant and not knowing

tellmesomething Thu 01-Jan-15 16:22:25

Oh gosh! Thanks forgetting back to me. I can't be pregnant as I just finished a full period but it may have moved. I finally caved in and called 111. I have been told I need to be seen tonight so I'm on the way now. This really isn't how I envisaged spending my New Year's Day hmm

MerryMo Thu 01-Jan-15 22:33:22

My friend had similar and her coil had moved and was too low.

It took a while for them to sort it out and she wishes now she had insisted that it was removed when it all started.

Good luck. I hope you get seen quickly this evening and they can sort you out or at least get you pain free this evening.

AccidentallyInLove Thu 15-Jan-15 15:44:37

How are you now tell? Hope it was all okay.
I have the same thing, I have a Drs appointment in an hour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now