Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Itchy, but no discharge

(8 Posts)
Tzibeleh Wed 31-Dec-14 17:28:12

I've assumed it's thrush, which I've always been prone too, and which doesn't cause me discharge unless it's really, really, bad.

But AFAIK I haven't had any of my triggers, and, unusually, it's lingered for weeks without getting worse. Some days it doesn't bother me at all, other days I'm itchy. I can't see any pattern.

What could it be?

QTPie Wed 31-Dec-14 17:48:48

Do you use sanitary towels? Anything "non-pure" irritates me (anything with a lock away core, perfumed etc). I have to have either Morrisons cheapie thin towels or you can now get a pure ("Cotton") brand from Boots. Any time I stray back to normal ones, I get very irritated sad

Kelly1814 Wed 31-Dec-14 17:50:01

HPV virus can cause a lot of itching.

Lifesalemon Wed 31-Dec-14 18:28:34

I can't use any toilet paper with aloe Vera in it without getting terribly itchy.

Tzibeleh Wed 31-Dec-14 20:40:01

I don't use anything perfumed. I only ever use Natracare products, and then only rarely (Mirena and HRT).

Tzibeleh Wed 31-Dec-14 20:40:56

HPV virus? blush
What pother symptoms does it cause?

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Wed 31-Dec-14 20:44:27

Sanitary towels pant liners of any type do that to me. I dread my period as too heavy to use my mooncup anymore and so it means tampons and towels. Swiftly
Followed by a bout of thrush.

If it clears up using canesten or other product then it probably is thrush. Sometimes mine will go with just the cream other times I need the tablet and other times it's the pessary. I've been to the gp and had all other causes rules out.

I make sure underwear is cotton and changed all my gym gear to cotton leggings etc and it's helped.

Whooshtheyweregone Wed 31-Dec-14 20:47:23

I was also going to ask if you'd used toilet paper with aloe as that makes me very itchy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now