Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pressure in ear after syringing

(3 Posts)
Seaoftroubles Wed 31-Dec-14 09:05:36

I had slight loss of hearing in one ear and saw GP who said it was very blocked with wax and prescribed drops and said to have it syringed after 2 weeks. Had this done at the surgery 2 days ago-the nurse said beforehand it wasn't too bad (I had probably got some wax out myself) but afterwards, even though she said it was clean, my hearing still felt 'dull',it also felt sore and uncomfortable which she said could be the effects of the procedure and some water in the ear, which should settle down. Today it still feels uncomfortable and there is a definite feeling of pressure and like my ear needs to 'pop'...hearing no better either! Any ideas?

rabbitstew Wed 31-Dec-14 09:26:46

If it doesn't settle down in the next few days, go back to the doctor - now the wax is gone, he or she will be able to see more clearly! I'm sure infections and other problems can be missed if an ear is clogged with wax.

Seaoftroubles Wed 31-Dec-14 10:45:19

Thanks rabbitstew, it feel odd and I feel as if I want to pull my ear lobe down to clear it and ease pressure.Most disappointing is the fact that I expected to have lovely clear hearing and that hasn't happened!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now