Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I hate my body

(6 Posts)
L1amsMum Mon 29-Dec-14 18:00:38

Now .. I know what you`re going to say . It's the pregnancy hormones that make me say this.. etc etc. But really.. I did the mistake to weigh myself today ( something I avoided doing since I got pregnant because I knew it will throw me into a state of panic and self loathing). I was always overweight - literally since birth, and no amount of diet work to the point where I simply stopped because I was convinced I will never be normal. then last year after waking up from a long coma I went on Atkins and started to simply shed the kilos. I gave up smoking too-right around the time I found out I was pregnant . And now I'm back to being HUGE. I have never been this fat. Or pregnant. And I hate myself for being selfish enough to wish I wasn't pregnant just because of this stupid reason. I love my son and I would never not want to have him, but I am HORRIFIED I will spend all my life being a fat blob. It didn't strike me that bad until last night when my husband and I were talking and he told me about how he wants to maintain a good physical aspect because he wants our son to be proud of him ( like for example when there are school events and such.. ).
I just feel .. sad sad

TalkinPeace Mon 29-Dec-14 22:08:21

You wont, you aren't

start tomorrow :
no more snacking EVER EVER EVER
drink a pint of water before every meal
drink a pint of water with every meal

try to eat a small amount of high protein, low carb breakfast
then lots of fluids but no food
then a high veg / fruit / protein lunch
then lots of fluids but no food
till supper which can be whatever you like, but eating for one not two
then after supper, brush your teeth and close the kitchen
and drink more water

the high nutrient meals (fruit, veg, protein) will do you and your baby a world of good
and you'll head towards a healthy weight as the pregnancy progresses

L1amsMum Tue 30-Dec-14 17:05:03

i read that the low carb high protein can have bad effects on the heart and on the baby...
any thoughts?

p.s. my only snack is ... gerkins and carrots.

TalkinPeace Tue 30-Dec-14 17:14:55

VERY low carb and VERY high protein maybe,
but all things in moderation.

scrambled egg on ham or smoked fish for breakfast with a bowl of yoghurt

nice big salad or veg soup for lunch

stir fry veg and noodles with chicken for supper (and gherkins and carrots grin )

L1amsMum Thu 01-Jan-15 18:33:31

Thank you !biscuit

TalkinPeace Thu 01-Jan-15 19:54:41

How are you feeling?
Are you and your DH and your karate bump feeling a tad better?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now