Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ear infection?

(3 Posts)
chloejaynemummy Mon 29-Dec-14 15:42:18

So for a few days iv had a terrible full feeling in my ears makes me feel like I'm underwater and my hearing is I wouldn't say muffled but I can hear a noise which is not there like back ground noise. Iv felt a bit light headed but think that's just the fullness feeling iv had pain down the side of my face and a very itchy ear iv had no temp. When iv tried popping my ear only my right side will pop so thinking it's my left which could be blocked?
Does this sound like a ear infection?

Flibbertyjibbet Mon 29-Dec-14 15:53:25

Yes. You need to see gp straight away. Ear infections can lead to the eardrum bursting if infection builds up in the ear canal. This happened to me a few years ago. My boss had similar symptoms and his gp prescribed antibiotics and strong painkillers.
If pain gets intense outside gp hours gp to a and e. They took me very seriously and saw me quickly when I turned up in agony.

chloejaynemummy Mon 29-Dec-14 16:01:57

My gp can't see me today so I'm going to emergency clinic in the morning iv never had ear infection before so wernt sure if it is that. But the fullness in my ears is making me feel terrible and my ear aches my left ear won't pop at all. I had a rotten cold at the start of December I wonder if it has come from that. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now