Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is it normal for tonsils to disappear?

(10 Posts)
FreakinScaryCaaw Mon 29-Dec-14 08:27:51

Because one of mine has!

I only noticed when a tiny bit of a nut got caught in the back of my throat. I washed my hands and had a dig about and realised my tonsil on the right was no more shock The other one has shrunk.

I've asked about and no one's heard of this?

Should I perhaps see the GP?

TIA

FreakinScaryCaaw Mon 29-Dec-14 13:55:49

Bump.

mayihaveaboxofchoculaits Mon 29-Dec-14 14:06:05

As you get older, they do shrink. As always you are really bothered then have a trip to the docs. Do you have any other synptoms?

FreakinScaryCaaw Mon 29-Dec-14 14:31:09

Thanks for replying mayihaveaboxofchoculaits.

No other symptoms. I haven't even got the lurgy that most at work seem to have.

I'll see the GP anyway.

mrsmilkymoo Mon 29-Dec-14 15:35:28

one of mine has done the same. I just thought it was normal as you got older! Let me know if you find out to the contrary.

FreakinScaryCaaw Mon 29-Dec-14 16:24:06

I will do mrs.

incogKNEEto Mon 29-Dec-14 20:06:26

I have one the has shrivelled away, the Dr noticed it when I had a throat infection but didn't seem worried by it, it does mean if my throat is sore now it's only sore on one side, so that's a bonus smile.

FreakinScaryCaaw Tue 30-Dec-14 19:30:48

Glad your Dr wasn't worried incogKNEEto.

opalstones Tue 30-Dec-14 19:32:04

I misread the title as toenails and was struggling to understand why you had your toe in your throat grin

FreakinScaryCaaw Tue 30-Dec-14 20:16:02

Oh opalstones I used to easily be able to get my toe in my throat had I wished to grin Not nowadays though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now