Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

What on earth are these scabs on the sole of my foot?

(8 Posts)
Unexpected Sun 28-Dec-14 13:38:04

Earlier this year, I had what I thought was athlete's foot on the toes of one foot. It took a while but eventually seemed to clear up with over the counter stuff, although the skin under those toes often seems a bit "stretched" now. Yesterday, the sole of that foot felt sore in one spot and I meant to have a look. Still sore today so I eventually took a look and on the sole of my foot are a number of scabs/sores like chicken pox sores. There's about 4/5 of them and they are just in one area on the sole of my foot. What on earth is this? Is is something which will go away or which I need to do something about?

hugoagogo Sun 28-Dec-14 15:00:54

have you got them anywhere else? could be hand foot and mouth disease?

HotLipsHoulihan Sun 28-Dec-14 15:05:02

It's a form of eczema that appears on your hands and feet. Err something like pomphylox ... Can't remember exact spelling! Harmless and it goes in time but can get a bit sore. Use a hydrocortisone cream on it

fuckweasel Sun 28-Dec-14 15:13:58

I second pompholyx eczema. Use a topical steroid cream, though in my experience that didn't help much! I also had it on my hands, starts as small round blisters under the skin and then they scab over.

divingoffthebalcony Sun 28-Dec-14 15:17:39

Pompholyx eczema is INSANELY itchy though, so I'm not sure it's that.

ivykaty44 Sun 28-Dec-14 15:20:32

I have a similar sounding sore\sores and it is eczema. I get it around my big toe on left foot only and sometimes the middle of my sole. I get cream from the doctor and use moisturiser cream till it clears up.

It often appears with extremely cold or hot weather.

LightastheBreeze Sun 28-Dec-14 15:53:10

Could it be shingles if it's just in one place.

I've had pompolyx and it is so itchy and OP hasn't mentioned this. I dread having a pompolyx flare up because it always lasts for a month or two and the dreadful itchy blisters drive me insane.

Unexpected Sun 28-Dec-14 23:30:22

Oh dear. No it isn't itchy at all although it is a bit sore but that might be from friction against my sock or shoe. It isn't anywhere else either.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: