Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

if your fertitin levels were low....

(10 Posts)
chocnomorechoc Sat 27-Dec-14 15:08:32

how long did it take you to raise them to a decent level and feel better. and what did you take?

mine is 20 (haemoglobin is 15) and I feel really tired. GP suggested ferrous sulphate.

chocnomorechoc Sat 27-Dec-14 15:08:57

ferritin that is.

butterfly86 Sat 27-Dec-14 15:11:14

When I was pregnant mine dropped to 9 I felt so tired I used to cry, I was put on 3 tablets a day and started to feel better with a week or two.

chocnomorechoc Sat 27-Dec-14 15:12:49

oh, that is quick. I had a google and got the impression it can take many months.

fairgame Sat 27-Dec-14 15:13:18

Mine were 11 with haemoglobin of 15. I took 2x 3 month courses of ferrous sulphate to sort them out so just over 6 months to fix. I can't remember when I started to feel ok again though. Everyone is different some people mend quicker than others.

findingherfeet Sat 27-Dec-14 15:14:14

Mine was 3! It was amazing how quickly I felt better and levels improved with strong dose of iron, lots of steak (having been veggie for 20 years!) and even better I finally got preggers!! (Both pregnancies I needed extra iron and a course of injections but no real problems)

alpacasosoftsnowgentlyfalling Sat 27-Dec-14 15:18:26

Mine was 8
I was so exhausted that I could barely walk and had severe anxiety .
Within 2 days of starting Ferrous Gluconate I felt so much better.
I knew when I missed some - palpitations/chest pain and anxiety returned.

It can take months - I am still on tablets but I felt better straight away.

chocnomorechoc Sat 27-Dec-14 15:21:19

thanks all. will get ferrouse sulphate and see how I get on. also have palpitations and anxiety which is unlike me.

Octopus37 Sat 27-Dec-14 19:49:47

Mine was 8, had iron tablets three times a month for 2 months and started eating meat having been veggie for over 20 years. Started to feel better quite quickly.

Dancingqueen17 Sat 27-Dec-14 20:32:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now