Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Steroid injections

(6 Posts)
LosBreakingBad Wed 24-Dec-14 21:39:14

I have Friebergs infraction in my foot. My bones are disintegrating basically. Anyway, I had a phone call today to say that a cancelled appt means that I can have my steroid injections first thing on Monday.
I can't tell you how frightened I am at the thought of having injections into my foot. I'm not normally a wimp, but this freaks me out. When I was a child I had injections into the ball of my foot so that they could burn a varucca out. It was so painful I nearly passed out.
Has anyone had steroid injections for this syndrome? Are they in the soles of my feet ( dear god please no) or the tops? Any experiences/ advice/ handholding would be welcome.

LosBreakingBad Thu 25-Dec-14 09:12:45

Anyone?

itwillbebetter Thu 25-Dec-14 17:17:57

I have had steriod injections in my feet but not for the same problem. Everyone always said they were painful but I didn't find it too bad. Yes it hurts a bit but it's over quickly and nothing like as bad as you imagine. I've had 4 lots now either in the arch or heel of my foot . I'm due to have another soon and it's not that bad! Good luck!

SpottyTeacakes Thu 25-Dec-14 17:20:44

I've never had them but I work at a drs surgery and our doctors do them all the time. I chaperoned someone having one in her hip and she didn't even flinch. I'm sure it's not fun but as pp says they're over quickly. I hope it helps

LosBreakingBad Thu 25-Dec-14 20:02:18

Thank you both.
I've given myself a good talking to and I'm feeling a bit better about it. Not sure if this will last when faced with the needle. We will see

ConstantlyKnackered Sat 27-Dec-14 10:05:24

I have them in my spine and sacroiliac joints every few months. I don't have any anaesthesia with them, just the local injections.
I'm fine with them tbh as I've been having them for years, but I know people are different and just someone else's tolerance of pain can affect this immensely. I will say that although they are fantastic, the pain definitely gets a little worse for a couple of weeks before it gets better, but it's worth it!
If you're worried they can knock you out to have them - explain your concerns to the surgeon or anaesthetist.

Good luck and I hope it helps smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now