Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Painful & damaged foot - what kind of referral should I ask for?

(2 Posts)
Marina11 Wed 24-Dec-14 01:43:52

Went to my GP about an increasingly painful foot/heel. She didn't examine it - just said go on tip toe - that was it. Said it was probably achilles tendinitis & sent me on my way. That was it.

Pain got so bad over a weekend and went to A & E who x-rayed and said there's also a heel spur and signs of planter fasciitis

Been referred by A & E to physio which starts soon.

But with this triple whammy and with the real pain that I'm often in and difficulty in walking, should I be asking the GP to refer me to a podiatrist or podiatry at the hospital. I want to know more - what kind of shoes to wear - what insoles (present one aren't doing the job) and about any other therapies.

Or could physio, once I'm there, make a referral like this?

Thanks for any suggestions. The pain seems to be slowing me down and generally making me feel rough all over.

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Wed 24-Dec-14 02:08:51

The physio can give you support insoles for your shoes if needed and also refer on to either ortho or podiatry if needed. Big wait for physio up here so hopefully you're not as long and it gets less painful for you soon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: