Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.


(11 Posts)
hulahoopsilove Tue 23-Dec-14 18:39:20

Did it a few days ago and it was ok last night the pain was soooo bad i was crying out in pain, today i cant even get out of bed for the loo. the pain to the side when i move is horrific makes me scream out and cry...when im still im ok, dont even feel ill

im taking diclafenac, water bottle and rest what else should i do, please help sad

CaulkheadUpNorth Tue 23-Dec-14 18:43:39

Go to the walk in centre?

hulahoopsilove Tue 23-Dec-14 18:45:27

walk youve got to be joking i cant move!!! been reading up says to try and rest muscle/back for 48 hours

CaulkheadUpNorth Tue 23-Dec-14 18:48:40

No, the walk in centre is like out of hours doctors. It's just called a walk-in centre.

MatildaTheRedNosedReinCat Tue 23-Dec-14 18:50:23

Pain from a pulled muscle shouldn't be that bed. Call 111 or GP ooh service and ask for doctor to come out. If they won't, ask for codeine and diazepam. Spasming back muscles are agonising and diazepam taken for a few days will relax the spasm. Codeine is a stronger painkiller and can be taken with the diclofenac.

Honestly, it's fine to call the doctor when you are in such pain.

Good luck.

livegoldrings Tue 23-Dec-14 18:56:33

I called 111 when I couldn't stand up for pain. It did take nearly all night and 2 phone calls but a Dr came out to me.

livegoldrings Tue 23-Dec-14 18:59:10

If you can wait till morning, the regular GP may prescribe by phone and someone can collect for you.

hulahoopsilove Tue 23-Dec-14 19:29:46

i feel ok in myself dont feel ill ...not in pain but when i move the pain in this side is horrific, im going to get hub to ring gp surgery in the morning to see they can perscribe and hubby to collect. i have a ds and feel more upset about him as i wont be able to enjoy christmas with him

MatildaTheRedNosedReinCat Tue 23-Dec-14 19:33:31

It really is ok to call the ooh doc for a prescription tonight if you need to. Being unable to get out of bed is serious enough to warrant this.

livegoldrings Tue 23-Dec-14 19:40:45

Listen to Matilda she helped me last year when I hurt my back! One thing is mine was like yours ok unless I moved, but then something set it off into a spasm and it was agony, I couldn't move at all. So it is probably better to get seen asap as a slight wrong move could make it a lot worse.

hulahoopsilove Wed 24-Dec-14 11:52:36

update folks...Dr been torn a ligament, has given me stronger Diclafenac 3 a day, after 30mins Ive got to try and stretch my back slowly but try to get it moving after each tablet.

She said she wouldnt give me valium or cocodamol as im not in constant pain which Im not its just when I stand.

I did manage to stand up slowly today to try and get to the toilet was ok until I sat down and back went again but at least I managed to stand up - feeling positive.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: