Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Just how ill do you have to be...

(5 Posts)
Dwerf Mon 22-Dec-14 07:15:25

...to ring in sick for work/ see the GP? I've had this crappy cold thing for over a week. The viral sore throat and sniffles thing. I rang in work last wednesday hoping to sleep it off. Worked for a couple of days so I went in Friday (was off thursday anyway).

Now I'm still coughing, so much so that all my ribs hurt down my mid back and I've got a white spot on one of my tonsils. This is despite taking cold remedies all week and throat sweets.

Do I arm myself with tyrozets and go into work, or ring in a second time (and I only started the job in november) and see if I can see a GP?

Bah. I don't have bloody time to be ill.

gingeroots Mon 22-Dec-14 09:30:22

See a GP . Ring in sick . You sound really poorly and I don't like sound of white spot on tonsils .
flowers and wishing you better .

Dwerf Mon 22-Dec-14 11:00:52

I bit the bullet and did both those things. Gp has told me to do the rest and fluids thing. Apparently chest is clear and tonsils aren't terrible. So it appears I am in better shape than I feel.

gingeroots Tue 23-Dec-14 09:01:41

You're as ill as you feel ,people react differently to stuff . Some people are laid low by a stomach upset ,mild anemia ,others have bodies that cope better and feel better .

And GP's aren't clairvoyants ,they can'r detect everything going on in your body by listenening to your chest and looking at your tonsils .

And wise to stop things getting worse by not soildering on .

sanfairyanne Tue 23-Dec-14 09:06:54

depends on your job as well

get well soon thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now