Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Possible re-occurrence of glandular fever?

(8 Posts)
KatyMac Sun 21-Dec-14 20:09:40

DD had glandular fever (diagnosed retrospectively based on symptoms not a blood test) 2 years ago - she recovered well

This autumn/early winter she has had several viruses and now seems very run down

I've got a multi vit, an iron & echinacea for her to take; she is resting and eating well

Is it possible that it's a re-occurrence of the glandular fever?
& is there anything else I should be doing

KatyMac Sun 21-Dec-14 21:03:52

bump

BuzzardBirdRoast Sun 21-Dec-14 21:05:32

IME you don't "eat well" or in fact at all with GF.

KatyMac Sun 21-Dec-14 21:08:04

she didn't when she was ill with the viruses

But now she is 'better' except that she isn't - at least not really

OddBoots Sun 21-Dec-14 21:12:03

It is possible but it is also possible that it is just because it is that germ-filled time of year and she is mixing with new people in a more polluted place. Is she home for Christmas now?

KatyMac Sun 21-Dec-14 21:18:07

Has been home since the 3rd & keeps falling asleep in the afternoon

She hasn't really gone out for days & they after half a day wandering in town fell asleep afterwards

at halfterm she had D&V, then a cold, a chest infection and a chill one after another

Finola1step Sun 21-Dec-14 21:24:53

Pop into Holland and Barrett and pick up a high dose Vitamin D supplement.

I've had various difficulties since glandular fever aged 17. Always picking up bugs, trying hard to fight things off.

Things got steadily worse. Now at the age of 40, I was diagnosed with Vitamin D levels on the floor last year. Looks like I have a hereditary predisposition to poor absorption hence my mother having rickets as a child.

Vitamin D. High dose. Give it three weeks.

KatyMac Sun 21-Dec-14 21:33:35

I've just started on a large dose Vit D as I've been diagnosed with a deficiency

\& DD might be more susceptible because of being mixed

So I'll add that to the mix

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now