Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Excessive sweating in social situations. Help!!

(5 Posts)
Macloveswill Sun 21-Dec-14 06:58:18

Hi, I don't think it's early menopausal sweating as it never happens at home generally (except when getting ready to go out), so I'm assuming my problem is a nervous thing.

Basically whenever I'm in a social situation , my head and face get really hot and I have a constant film of sweat on my face.

It's really beginning to get me down; it's ruining my make-up within minutes and flattens
my hair. I dab with a tissue, but it returns almost immediately. I had a great
night out last night, but no one else looked like they were melting hmm Does anyone have any suggestions or success stories of coping or overcoming something like this? Please help.

Miele72 Sun 21-Dec-14 07:15:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Macloveswill Sun 21-Dec-14 07:26:39

Thanks for replying so quickly smile
I don't feel particularly anxious when I go out, no. But guessing I must be as can't imagine what else could cause it. I will probably need to visit GP, but a little bit worried I won't be taken seriously as it's not happening all the time.

Miele72 Sun 21-Dec-14 07:49:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Macloveswill Sun 21-Dec-14 09:44:59

Yes keeping a diary is a good idea, may be taken more seriously at GP that way....though to be fair any only go once every few years, so imagine they'll believe there's something wrong just because of the fact I've actually gone grin thanks Miele

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now