Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Macular pigment change

(1 Post)
RubyRue791 Sat 20-Dec-14 23:10:11

So I went to get an eye test today and when the optician viewed the image of the back of my eyes she said there was a small change in the pigment of the macular. She said it can lead to vision loss. She looked at my eyes, did the vision tests and my vision seems okay, apart from being short sighted. She said not to worry, it may have been there all the time but due to my age (35) they don't really look for it but I am to go back for an eye test in a year rather than two.

Well I did the worst possible thing and googled it which of course came back with macular degeneration and loss of central vision, although all I can find is age related macular degeneration but I'm freaking out. Has anyone else had experience of this, is pigment change something that can always have been there without any degeneration? I suppose if it was serious she would have referred me but I'm wondering if I should make an appointment with the GP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now