Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Abdominoplasty- experiences and recommendations?

(2 Posts)
Theboulderhascaughtupwithme Sat 20-Dec-14 20:29:42

I've come to the conclusion that if I want to ever again have something approaching a normal body shape again I will have to resort to surgery.

I have two children, eldest age 4. Since having my first 8 years ago I have basically continued to look 5/6 months pregnant.

I am just over five feet tall and weigh 10.5 stone, however, nearly all of my 'far' is stored over my belly, the rest of me is not fat!! It is so odd.

I have tried diet and exercise, have managed to lose about a stone which brought me down to almost a healthy weight but I still looked bloody preggo.

Am so down about myself body wise, and feel like I am destined to have this awful solid belly forever now. Sick of people asking if I'm pregnant.

In the new year I am going to start seriously looking at Abdominoplasty.

I know this is not a simple Op but I feel in my case the benefits will outweighs the risks.

I would be very grateful for anyone's experiences of Abdominoplasty and also for any recommendations for surgeons ( I'm SW ).

Tia

Theboulderhascaughtupwithme Mon 22-Dec-14 21:38:45

Bumping

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now