Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Naproxen and peeling skin on knee that has osetearthritis

(7 Posts)
windchimes8 Sat 20-Dec-14 13:26:16

That's just it really. Been like this for 4 days so doc said to use hydrocortisone cream, said it was excema. it is white and peely/flaky, not really itchy, just uncomfortable. He did not think it was the naproxen causing this. But I have stopped the naproxen anyway as it did not help a lot with the swelling and the pain has gone in the knee, just stiffness now really. Have been on the naproxen for 6 months. Has this happened to anyone else?

windchimes8 Sun 21-Dec-14 13:02:47

Can anyone advise? Am now taking antihistamine.

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 21-Dec-14 18:47:45

Bumping for you

hellomynameis Mon 22-Dec-14 18:44:52

A drug reaction to naproxen 6 months after starting would be extremely rare.

windchimes8 Tue 23-Dec-14 09:54:50

My knee is still peeling albeit a bit less. Still applying hydrocortisone cream x 3/day. Have stopped the antihistamines and gone back to naproxen 500mg x 2/day because my knee was more swollen & stiff when I did not take them. Does anyone else know what caused the peeling and why my knee is still stiff & swollen after taking naproxen for 5 months? Thanks.

sashh Wed 24-Dec-14 06:50:54

My arthritis is psioritic ie it is part of my psoriasis, it's unusual for the arthritis to flare before the skin but it can happen. This is not a diagnosis - just something to think about

windchimes8 Wed 24-Dec-14 08:39:39

Thanks for your msg sash. Do you have the psoriasis first then it becomes part of the osteoarthritis? I've never had psoriasis but had read about it being connected to arthritis. Do you have any thoughts why my knee is still swollen? Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now