Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Apple cider vinegar for athletes foot?

(5 Posts)
BabsUnited Fri 19-Dec-14 22:25:30

Anyone used apple cider vinegar to treat athletes foot? Am about to embark on treatment but wondering whether I can reuse the solution (which I think needs to be 50:50 ACV to water) a couple of times? Advised treatment is soaking feet in the solution 2/3 times a day for 10 days. Am going to need shedloads of the stuff if I have to use fresh every time

Any experience? [manky footed smile]

FriedFishAndBread Fri 19-Dec-14 22:30:47

I have no experience of the vinegar way but, my ds had really stubborn athletes foot we went through loads of that expensive powder which would clear it almost up and then it would come back.

I heard about coconut oil and since I've been adding a teaspoon in his bath every night for the last 6+ months its gone and hasn't come back.

BabsUnited Fri 19-Dec-14 22:39:47

Ooh. I have coconut oil. Just in bath, not applying directly? Don't have time for baths really (although saying that, 3x10 mins with feet dunked in a bowl is a faff too)

Bloody hate athletes foot. I have had it for years - literally don't ever remember not having it. Feels futile as it'll be in shoes/socks/bedding etc sad

FriedFishAndBread Fri 19-Dec-14 22:43:33

I literally just add a spoonful of it into the hot water and once it's melted then add the cold and tell him to get in.

If you don't already have baths it could be a faff although like no said it's completely gone now.

BabsUnited Sat 20-Dec-14 12:57:40

Ok will try that too Fried, seems nice and easy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now