Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Worrying about dd

(3 Posts)
badgerknowsbest Thu 18-Dec-14 16:07:21

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

My 2 year old dd just got some washing liquid from the machine on her finger and licked it off. I filled up the washing ball popped it in the machine, went to get some more clothes and she managed to get her finger in it.

She immediately pulled a face and tried to spit it out I offered her water and then milk but I have no idea if this requires medical attention or not? I remember reading that washing capsules had caused some children serious injury so I'm assuming that washing detergent is just as bad?

pinkfrocks Thu 18-Dec-14 17:31:22

the amount she licked would do her no harm. It's soap/ detergent at the end of the day and no one is going to eat lots of that as it tastes foul.

Isn't there some info on the pack such as 'accidental swallowing drink water ' etc?
If someone drinks loads they are not supposed to drink afterwards as it can make it froth- they ought to go to A&E- but a tiny finger lick won't harm her.

badgerknowsbest Thu 18-Dec-14 17:59:47

It just says on the bottle if ingested seek medical help - but I'm sure your right that amount probably isn't harmful and she seems ok.

It's my own fault I should have known she would have been attracted to the neon green liquid!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now