Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Fluoxetine and nausea

(3 Posts)
Blossomflowers Thu 18-Dec-14 13:01:53

Have been taking Fluoxetine for 5 weeks and was told it would take a while to feel any benefits but was hoping by now things would have settled a little. Have had extreme tiredness, trouble concentrating but the worse thing is the vomiting and constant nausea. Just wondering if this is normal and I should bear with it and hope it will pass. Does anyone have experienced this? So not only am I still feeling depressed but now feel constantly sick

Thymeout Thu 18-Dec-14 19:18:58

No - the first time I took them, they made me sleep longer and I could nap for England. But no nausea.

But this time, I haven't had the drowsiness. Instead feel absolutely normal and myself, which I certainly didn't before. I'm not taking them for depression as such, though. More for anxiety. I was waking up every morning with a sort of adrenalin rush, that dreadful swooping feeling you get when you discover you've lost your purse. And I also had good reason to feel anxious. Only taking 10 mg.

Go back to your GP and ask to try something else. Btw, you do need to come off them very gradually. I was chopping pills in half and it took me about 4 weeks.

Blossomflowers Fri 19-Dec-14 10:49:34

Thyme I also could sleep for England the first few weeks I literally had to sleep for a couple of hours in the afternoon, good job I work from home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now