Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Had laparoscopy 3.5 weeks ago... when am I going to feel better?

(6 Posts)
InvaderZim Wed 17-Dec-14 17:18:52

Just that, I had laparoscopy to remove ovarian cysts 3.5 weeks ago, 4 incisions. They also rummaged around to look for endo but there was nothing worth removing.

I've been slowly getting better, but I keep having relapses of fatigue. Like yesterday I made the mistake of lifting my 17kg DC into a shopping trolley and my scars burned for the rest of the day. sad

And today I'm exhausted, probably because I overdid it yesterday.

I'm tired of being unwell! When am I going to feel normal again? When can I lift my kid again??

Littlefish Wed 17-Dec-14 22:42:03

I didn't have a child to lift at the time, but I had a grapefruit size cyst, ovary and Fallopian tube removed with keyhole surgery. It took a good 4 weeks before I stopped feeling exhausted, and 5 weeks before I was ready to go back to work (teacher).

InvaderZim Thu 18-Dec-14 09:59:38

I was starting to feel like a bit of a freak because after I got no responses yesterday, I did some research and most people said they were all better after 2 weeks! I used to be a TA and yeah, there's no way I could've had the energy for that at this stage. smile

Purplevicki Thu 18-Dec-14 10:19:06

I had my gallbladder removed on 20th August 2013 and was back at work the 2nd week in October. I felt totally wiped out and lacked interest in most things. When I went back to work, I went back on reduced hours which helped slightly. I work in education.

Hope you feel better soon!

mawinter Fri 19-Dec-14 09:17:54

I think the all better aspect that is mentioned by most is the "oh §%& I have been kicked in the abdomen" feeling. That goes away often pretty quickly 1-2 weeks. The tiredness on the other hand can last for weeks!

InvaderZim Fri 19-Dec-14 10:54:25

Thanks everyone. Still feeling sore because of picking up my kid but getting lots of enforced rest and film watching because she's ill today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now