Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Back xray results ' borderline' - what does that mean?

(17 Posts)
NoelleHawthorne Tue 16-Dec-14 17:05:39

Suspected ligament or arth bloody ritus...

Of course now I am choosing my crutches in my head hmm

noddyholder Tue 16-Dec-14 17:10:37

How long have you had it?

NoelleHawthorne Tue 16-Dec-14 17:11:47

oh ages - over a year, I ignored. I can walk and exercise etc.

Finbar Tue 16-Dec-14 17:14:01

I vote for ligament

NoelleHawthorne Tue 16-Dec-14 17:16:01

what if I have to be in an iron LUNG?
bloody appt now not till tuesday next

noddyholder Tue 16-Dec-14 17:16:38

I would have thought a ligament would be obvious on the x ray arthritis more difficult to diagnose. My friend going through this atm with her hip and knee having an MRI now in Jan as they can't be sure what it is. Does it ever go

NoelleHawthorne Tue 16-Dec-14 17:19:05

i dont spend all day in pain at all
is just stiff in the morning and If i lurch

noddyholder Tue 16-Dec-14 17:25:16

Hopefully its just wear and tear and might not progress

NoelleHawthorne Tue 16-Dec-14 17:29:29

yes. * bites nails *

pinkbear82 Tue 16-Dec-14 17:33:54

Have you had Physio? I would imagine that would help define which too. But either way build up muscles and core strength which will help.

If it's any reassurance you may well show signs of early degenerative changes, arthritis, but you may find you aren't affected any,ore than you are now and that a few relatively minor changes can carry on happily for a long time yet.

NoelleHawthorne Tue 16-Dec-14 17:55:36

pinkbear I THINK I LOVE YOU.

Many thanks - no physio, i am not an ill person. this was my first ever xray!

pinkbear82 Tue 16-Dec-14 18:07:30

I'm not a Physio but work in a Physio clinic. You'd be surprised how many people I see who come in with no hope and after a while (it's not quick fix and you do have to do the exercises they give you) they are different people.

Ask your gp, or if you are in a position to do it look for private Physio clinics near you. You may be amazed at what a difference it can make.

Don't let the worry of it get to you, pain likes stress, and will find any weak points and make them a million times worse.

Good luck!

NoelleHawthorne Tue 16-Dec-14 18:47:39

Surgery has in house physio and chiro I think she said. I'm very physically active and would def do exercises.

NoelleHawthorne Tue 16-Dec-14 18:48:06

Thanks beary

pinkbear82 Tue 16-Dec-14 19:05:52

The fact you are active suggests it will be manageable too, and that you will be able to keep it at bay. It will be just a few tweeks to what you currently do and you'll be well away, I'm sure.

Hope I've been some reassurance thanks

noddyholder Tue 16-Dec-14 19:19:58

Def agree with pain likes stress

natdee Mon 22-Dec-14 00:00:13

Are they going to send you for an MR I? ligaments are much better visualised on MRI than xray

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now