Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help! I've got ajob interview and I've lost my voice

(7 Posts)
flashystars Tue 16-Dec-14 15:09:11

I've had a bad cold and cough and now my voice is just a croak. Is there any way I can get it audible before tomorrow lunchtime

MisForMumNotMaid Tue 16-Dec-14 15:15:44

If you think its laryngitis not just sore throat I think only time really helps. (Not medically qualified). Alternate paracetamol/ ibuprofen to give your body best rest and stay hydrated i.e. Drink loads. Icelollies may make you feel a little better and keep hydrated if sore throat is making swallowing difficult.

I'm a bit of a fan of long soak in a warm bath and early night with honey and lemon plus paracetamol as being best chance to recover.

Good luck.

RockinD Tue 16-Dec-14 16:51:31

Google the pose of a lion ...

WeAllHaveWings Tue 16-Dec-14 16:58:59

Last interview I went to I had a painful ear infection and very loud tinnitus (which still hasn't gone away), I had to apologise and ask them to repeat questions/speak up constantly blush. Amazingly still got the job.

I find sooking throat sweets keeps the coughing at bay, just explain if its the only thing that helps and apologise for sooking in an interview.

Hope you feel better soon!

flashystars Tue 16-Dec-14 20:57:14

I think it's laryngitis. I'm on the herbal tea and honey and I'm having caffeine withdrawal. considering looking up sign language

allypally999 Wed 17-Dec-14 09:54:02

lol flashy - if you can get through this and make yourself understood I feel a job offer coming on

good luck!

Fluffy101 Wed 17-Dec-14 20:08:59

I too had an interview with very little voice and got the job ... Think the fact I still made the effort went a long way.
Depending on the type of job could you type / write some achievements you want to mention etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now