Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone able to diagnose DP's skin?

(2 Posts)

For the last week DP skin has started flaking of his face, leaving red sore skin under neath. It's around his nose and cheeks and his ears. Never had an issue with skin before. His skin is stinging and it burns when he puts cream on. He can't get a doc appointment for 2 days and can't take much more of the itching and stinging. Anyone any ideas? Google is a bust!

mawinter Tue 16-Dec-14 15:48:36

Sounds like eczema. I commonly get it around my nose and cheeks as well as my eyebrows (LOL?). It itches like hell when it really flares up. Sometimes it got so bad I looked like i was wearing a pealing face mask. Previously I was using steriod creams, but switched to Derma Cream (Comvita or Derma Sciences) and it clears it right up within a day.
I never had this until I moved to Europe. So it is something which can show up later in life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now