Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What's up with my foot, can any podiatrists or doctors have a look?

(10 Posts)
PJ67 Tue 16-Dec-14 13:18:14

Have these painful marks on my foot. GP not sure and given me antibiotics and have to go back in a week. Worried its a vascular problem or something like that as not getting any better. Any ideas?

TheIncidentalGoat Tue 16-Dec-14 22:12:46

Ringworm?

Have you tried antifungal cream?

PJ67 Wed 17-Dec-14 07:25:00

Thanks, might true antifungal on it today. The oval mark seems to be under the skin however, is ringworm more flakey?

Footlight Wed 17-Dec-14 07:28:49

Looks like athletes foot to me.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor but I do get a lot of athlete's foot.

FabULouse Wed 17-Dec-14 08:40:46

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

PJ67 Wed 17-Dec-14 23:52:29

No, not a diabetic. Looking at the picture again and it looks a bit flakier than it is, it's a distinct red mark under the skin and is painful to touch and walk on. My toes had little purple dots under the skin which are still there a bit but not sore now and this crusty area on my toe. The bit inside the circular shape is paler looking, very odd!

zoemaguire Wed 17-Dec-14 23:54:28

I've had infected athletes foot that looks like that. Is it itchy as well as painful?

PJ67 Wed 17-Dec-14 23:57:49

Hi Zoe, it's not itchy. I can see how the toe might look like athletes foot but the red mark is very smooth and under the skin which is why I didn't think it would be that.

fusspot66 Thu 18-Dec-14 11:56:08

Chilblains?
It was very cold last week.

Idiotdh Sat 20-Dec-14 00:17:43

It looks possibly like a vasculitic rash especially if there have been small purpuric spots too.is the area on your toe a small ulcer?
The GP needs to do an auto immune screen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now