Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sorry of if this sounds gross...

(4 Posts)
Mumtobenovember Mon 15-Dec-14 00:46:01

I just went to the loo and first of all I wiped my bottom and there was a bright red clot on the tissue I stood up and looked down the loo and the pan had splats of blood and the water was red! So freaked out anyone experienced this?! I had a baby by c-section 11 weeks ago and this is the first time this has happened?!!! Help me

JustMuddlingBobBobBobbingAlong Mon 15-Dec-14 00:56:06

Phone OOH just to get advice. Don't panic.

cherubimandseraphim Mon 15-Dec-14 00:59:28

When did your lochia finish? You can get a bit of extra bleeding every so often for a while afterwards. But it's most likely to be your period, I should think.... Are you breastfeeding? (Mine returned with a vengeance at 4 months despite near-constant EBF! Was gutted!! The first few periods after birth were shockers, too - really heavy and lots of clots. All totally normal.)

cherubimandseraphim Mon 15-Dec-14 01:01:17

Oh just noticed you said bottom - are you sure it's from there rather than the vagina? If so yes do go to GP tomorrow to get checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now