Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

lactose intolerance

(2 Posts)
LauraHarrisonDunne Sat 13-Dec-14 23:06:48

OT. I am 21 & when I was around the age of 18 months the G.P told my parents I was lactose intolerant. I led a mostly lactose free diet and have not had any symptoms. Although since having my baby(9 months ago) I have seemed to have fallen in love with all things dairy. I always have lose stools and have always been that way for as long as I can remember and suffer severe stomach cramps when I have eaten dairy. Last night, I treated myself to a scone with cream and jam, I was up in the night constantly being sick and could not get off the toilet. I was in agony. It is getting worse and I think I have pushed my body to the limit. I find it so hard to not eat dairy and really don't know how I used to do it subconsciously. Can I go to the G.P to request a test or will I just get brushed off? I hope their is someone on here that can help me!

Bunbaker Sat 13-Dec-14 23:09:05

Cream makes me poorly as well, but I am OK with cheese, butter and yogurt.

I buy lactofree milk and lactofree cream when I can get it, but it isn't as widely stocked as the milk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now