Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Parsonage-Turner Syndrome

(1 Post)
hobbjobb Sat 13-Dec-14 21:41:34

when my baby was about 4 months old, I woke up one morning in absolute agony and had lost the use of my right arm. Cue lots of tests, doctors, physio and three months later after some pretty painful electronic tests involving needles being put into my arm muscles, I've been diagnosed as having Parsonage-Turner syndrome which is apparently quite rare

Basically, they think my c section caused a viral infection of the nerves in my shoulder which led to paralysis. There's no treatment and nothing to prevent it happening again, just pain management.

I've regained about 90% use of my arm but it feels weak, they said to expect it to take 2-3 years to feel back to normal. Thankfully I'm no longer in pain with it

Does anyone have any experience of this'd? I'm concerned it will happen again if we have another child

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now