Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I'm terrified to go to the doctors but I need to

(19 Posts)
ProfessorPickles Fri 12-Dec-14 22:08:05

I've never taken my bra off in front of anyone in my life because I absolutely loathe my breasts.
I've always hated them, I feel disgusting and since having a baby they've only got worse sad

I am so ashamed and embarrassed and it is having a serious affect on my relationships.

I even went for a bra fitting for some nice underwear so at least I could wear something nice but because my breasts have deflated a bit no size bras fit me. Even the lady was a bit baffled but all bras gape on me no matter what, so even being in my underwear scared me incase my bra gapes far open.

I desperately need to change them and there's no way I could afford it. And I know how it sounds after all this Jodie Cunningham rubbish getting her boobs done on the NHS, but I am deadly serious when I say I feel this is the only solution.

I'm terrified to go to the doctors and be laughed out of the room. I know boob jobs on the NHS will be rare but I'm that desperate I have to try at least.

Does anyone have any experiences similar to this?
I know that a boob job wont give me perfect boobs but at least to fit a bra correctly would be amazing then everything else would be a massive bonus.

ilovepowerhoop Fri 12-Dec-14 22:12:18

where did you go for your bra fitting as that makes a difference i.e. M&S tend to add extra inches to the back size and therefore makes the cup size too small.

ProfessorPickles Fri 12-Dec-14 22:14:23

It was at Anne Summers, the woman that was fitting it tried several back and cup sizes and nothing seemed to help.
She seemed to think there was nothing that could be done about it

marne2 Fri 12-Dec-14 22:19:21

Anne summers are useless, I can't fit in any of their stuff either, tbh most bra's don't fit me which is why I wear sports bra's they don't gape or sag and they are tight enough to keep my boobs in a reasonable place ( no sag ). I don't like my breasts but it's doesn't worry me as much as it does you, no one has to see them other than my dh and he seems to like them smile. My ass though, I would happily have surgery to make that look better.

AnythingNotEverything Fri 12-Dec-14 22:20:47

Would a well fitting bra help?

There are some fabulous posters in Style and Beauty who can help you find your size and suggest a good bra to suit your shape.

Can I ask what's wrong with you boobs? Are they different sizes? Far apart? Someone might be able to help if you say more.

ilovepowerhoop Fri 12-Dec-14 22:21:02

do you have a tape measure? Could you measure yourself as per this guide and we could give guidance as to what sizes to try?

thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.co.uk/p/fitting-advice.html

I think Ann Summers add extra inches like M&S do

ProfessorPickles Fri 12-Dec-14 22:34:53

There are several problems to be honest, they are a bit flat, small, far apart and my nipples are too big for my boobs and one hasn't developed properly.

So everything really!

ProfessorPickles Fri 12-Dec-14 22:35:22

Thank you for the suggestions for bra fittings, it wouldn't be a permanent solution but it'd help for now

shelfontheelf Fri 12-Dec-14 22:39:21

Ooh I feel an intervention - can you have a look at style and beauty and the bra gurus, they'll help.

A well fitting bra won't change everything but it'll help.

Lambstales Fri 12-Dec-14 22:39:23

I'm scared to go about my boobs as well sad

AnythingNotEverything Fri 12-Dec-14 22:41:42

There's a brilliant website which shows (entirely non pervy) pictures of normal boobs. Lots of boobs are quite odd looking. I can't think of the URL unfortunately.

Mine look great while pregnant, otherwise a bit long and triangular. Currently a J cup, so quite a lot to them too.

Take your measurements as per the guide linked to above, order some bras, come back and post in Style and Beauty for fitting advice. There's something for everyone, I promise!

ProfessorPickles Fri 12-Dec-14 22:42:24

Lambstales - what is it you don't like about your breasts?
I think it could be really good for us both if we could support eachother if you'd like to

EhricJinglingHisBallsOnHigh Fri 12-Dec-14 22:43:39

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuberous_breasts
Is this what you have?
If so - yes I get you. I have learnt not to feel too terrible about it though.

EhricJinglingHisBallsOnHigh Fri 12-Dec-14 22:44:17

And if so surgery isn't an easy option even if you can pay for it.

Lambstales Fri 12-Dec-14 22:47:50

I've got an inverted nipple and possibly a dent on the underside. I'm really not sure though as although I'm getting pain. I managed to smash all my ribs up on the side 10 months ago.

ProfessorPickles Fri 12-Dec-14 22:50:10

Ehric - I just googled for images for some examples and no my breasts aren't like the ones I saw. My nipples are similar though, I'd describe them as puffy

pinkfrocks Sat 13-Dec-14 13:03:59

would you dare post a headless photo? It may be they are not as bad as you think or if they are we can offer help?

marne2 Sat 13-Dec-14 13:48:08

I agree with most boobs being odd looking, I have flat nipples ( which meant I could not breast feed ) and my breasts are small unless I wear a good bra. I'm sure there are not many people with page 3 boobs ( they are not real anyway ).

Bunbaker Sun 14-Dec-14 09:42:55

Lambstales I don't want to worry you, but I think you need to get that checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now