Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Area above left breast feels sore to the touch...

(8 Posts)
nikki1978 Fri 12-Dec-14 12:55:12

Yesterday I had a few slight aches in that area which came and went - maybe 4 times in the whole 24 hours. I am quite an anxious person so I kept an eye but it never became painful. But this morning it doesn't hurt until I touch the area and it feels like it is bruised. What could this be? Should I be rushing off to A&E? confused. I can't find anything about this pain on the internet.

nikki1978 Fri 12-Dec-14 12:57:02

I do have an on off problem with my neck and shoulder on that side and that does feel sore too at the moment.

nikki1978 Fri 12-Dec-14 13:30:03

Bump

Shoegal0305 Sat 13-Dec-14 10:00:56

I've PMd you x

Elibean Sat 13-Dec-14 11:19:17

I bet its related to your neck/back. I've had this, and the doctor said it was inflamed rib joints (costochondriasis) but tbh I think it was just referred nerve pain from my back and neck...try anti-inflammatories? Hope its better soon!

nikki1978 Sat 13-Dec-14 16:29:42

Have you shoegal? I can't see anything? Thanks elibean. I put one hot water bottle on my chest and one on my back last night and it seemed to make it less sore so fingers crossed it is muscular.

Shoegal0305 Sat 13-Dec-14 16:56:30

Will try again Nikki x

BooDidIScareYou Sat 13-Dec-14 17:06:17

I had something very similar to this recently and went to the doctors after a few weeks as it was worrying me, it was like you say sort of bruised feeling and really bloody painful! He told me it was most likely costochondroitis (sp?!) and would last about 6-8 weeks then go of its own accord. It did. In the meantime he told me just to take ibuprofen to help with the inflammation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now