Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Elderly Parent - Pick up Letter/Post Grabber, anyone recommend please?

(5 Posts)
hulahoopsilove Thu 11-Dec-14 12:07:37

my father cant pick up letters he tried yesterday and fell and couldnt get back up and had to wait for 2 hours before someone could help. sad

Ive been told that Betterlife/Lloyds Pharmacy do a pick up grabber - anyone recommend a good one please?

CMOTDibbler Thu 11-Dec-14 12:15:08

We've been through a few as mum hides them, and dad reports they are all much of a muchness.

Depending on the way your dads door opens, one of those letter cages would be good as then theres no difficulty picking up at all

hulahoopsilove Thu 11-Dec-14 12:30:09

we looked at letter cages but my sister could only get a HUGE one that stuck out rather alot

CMOTDibbler Thu 11-Dec-14 12:53:00

There are some quite small ones on Amazon if you were still interested - amazing what you can get on there, it often saves me when I need random stuff for my parents

hulahoopsilove Thu 11-Dec-14 13:46:51

Ive ordered one off Betterlife next day delivery �13!!! But at least it will be much easier for him - thanks for your advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now