Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Ulcer inside EYELID!

(8 Posts)
Elfina Wed 10-Dec-14 20:32:58

So painful! Didn't even know you could get such a thing? Anyone have any ideas??

SconeRhymesWithPhone Wed 10-Dec-14 20:35:19

Could it be a chalazion? I had a lump in my eyelid a few years ago and that's what it was. That didn't hurt though. Or could it be blepharitis? I get that quite often and it's really sore. I find that taking a zinc supplement really helps.

Elfina Wed 10-Dec-14 20:40:06

It's literally like an open sore with yellowy stuff coming out, like a really bad mouth ulcer sexy

ClaimedByMe Wed 10-Dec-14 20:42:21

My dd had something similar a few years ago she needed antibiotics and drops, it took quite a while for it to go away.

SconeRhymesWithPhone Wed 10-Dec-14 20:42:56

Sounds grim. Lower eyelid, I guess, since you can see it? Maybe go and get a pharmacist to look at it tomorrow, or a GP if you can?

MatildaTheRedNosedReinCat Wed 10-Dec-14 21:10:43

Our local eye hospital based at the big general hospital has a walk in A&E service, I would try to find similar ASAP and get it checked.

ozymandiusking Wed 10-Dec-14 21:15:57

I wouldn't even bother with a pharmacist.In our area there are opticians who will deal with eye problems. But, if it were me I would ring the surgery and emphasise that this is an EMERGENCY, and don't be fobbed off.
Eyes are vital. Do you wear contact lenses?

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Wed 10-Dec-14 21:25:12

Is that what they call a sty (sp)? Or is that just a hard lump?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: