Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Little bit worried after Bronchitis - Sinus/Ear infection

(3 Posts)
mawinter Wed 10-Dec-14 09:26:23

I was recently quite ill following a chest surgery (Xiphoid removal) with a bad case of Bronchitis that lasted for weeks and later turned in to a Sinus/Ear infection. During this time I pulled a lot of muscles and had a lot of muscle cramps around my ribs and abdomen, but more so ribs. I am noticing now since the past 3 weeks a lot of pain at the sides of my ribs (and slightly in my back), almost like a tightness or general discomfort. Sometimes the pain is constant, sometimes only when i lean back or lay on my sides (often when this occurs it feels like a pulled muscle). Sometimes it occurs while breathing deeply as well, but later goes away.
I had a chest x-ray two weeks ago and they informed me they could see no infection.
I am still coughing a bit on and off over the day, sometimes I still bring up a little bit of mucus, but it is mostly a dry cough. In the morning when I wake up I have to cough almost immediately and its quite mucusy, but then I feel fine.
I have had this in the past on and off with bad cases of Bronchitis, but I could swear it was only there during treatment and cannot recall if it persisted for awhile afterward.

mawinter Wed 10-Dec-14 09:41:51

Here is a copy of my xray. I had a pretty serious case of Pneumonia as a child and the bottom right lower lobe died off. I should also note, I suffer from Asthma.

mawinter Wed 10-Dec-14 19:54:14

*bump

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: