Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Deodorant without antiperspirant - recommendations please?

(19 Posts)
LegoCaltrops Tue 09-Dec-14 22:37:08

What can you recommend? I'd like something more than just a nice smelling spray, a proper deodorant ideally.

I don't want something highly scented, it doesn't need to be heavy-duty (am fortunate that I don't sweat too much). I do have somewhat sensitive skin though, unfortunately the salt stuff is no good for me long term as I tend to get sore skin after a few weeks of daily use.

girlandboy Wed 10-Dec-14 16:09:59

Have you tried any of the deodorants from Lush. I can recommend one called The Greeench which smells more herbal than anything. The herbal smell seems to disappear after a few minutes to absolutely nothing! Oh, and it's a powder so shouldn't make you sore smile

Pippidoeswhatshewants Wed 10-Dec-14 16:12:17

I get on well with Bionsen, roll-on and spray.

puffylovett Wed 10-Dec-14 16:17:40

I use Green People unscented, it works well imo

goodasitgets Wed 10-Dec-14 16:19:33

I bought one the other day without noticing it wasn't antiperspirant!
It's a roll up stick, says Sanex dermo invisible 24hr deodorant 0% parabens and alcohol

mychildrenarebarmy Wed 10-Dec-14 16:22:25

I use this

bumpertobumper Wed 10-Dec-14 16:28:29

Toms of Maine. they do an unscented one which works week for me but is quite hard to find. The scented ones are not strongly perfumed. Sold in most health food shops.

bumpertobumper Wed 10-Dec-14 16:57:46

well not week...

LegoCaltrops Wed 10-Dec-14 22:30:19

Excellent, thanks, I'll check all those out. flowers

iwantginsoakedXmas Thu 11-Dec-14 12:12:34

Dr Organic from Holland and Barrett is very good.

I like the Honey (?) roll on. Smells really nice - and works well. Often on special offer.

iwantginsoakedXmas Thu 11-Dec-14 12:13:17

It's this one [ deo]]

iwantginsoakedXmas Thu 11-Dec-14 12:13:54

Link fail

elevenfifteen Thu 11-Dec-14 12:42:49

This is my friends site she makes a lovely deodorant.

LillyHammer Thu 11-Dec-14 13:30:58

I second Bionsen - it also does not have aluminium in it and that was an important factor for me.

shoppaholiccaroline Sat 14-Feb-15 14:14:21

I thought you might like this catarr works for me.
Put 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in 8 floz water & drink it down, once a like magic! follow up with sea water nasal spray, all natural, get it in boots.
Good natural deodorant....natural chrystal stick/spray. Holland & Barratt or any health food shop /boots etc.... hope this helps. found your question by googling natural remedies for catarr & sympathised......not a mum just an auntie/great auntie & soon great great auntie!

EmNetta Sun 15-Feb-15 00:34:18

Another Bionsen fan here, particularly the stick version which is easy to control for light application.

shoppaholiccaroline Mon 16-Feb-15 15:29:11

EmNetta...sounds like Netta sister?

slug Mon 16-Feb-15 16:08:48

The Body Shop used to do a brilliant one. It's now morphed into a Men only product

EmNetta Mon 16-Feb-15 17:15:10

Sorry caroline, it's just MumsNet-er, and my only sister is way too busy to spend time being amused here, so quite sure we're not related.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now